DaMaSCUS - Dark Matter Simulation Code for Underground Simulations¶
- DaMaSCUS is a MC simulator of dark matter particles as they move through the Earth and scatter on terrestrial nuclei.
- It allows to compute the local distortions of the DM density and velocity distribution caused by collisions with nuclei.
- The distorted distribution functions and redistributed densities are used to give precise estimates of time-dependent signal rates for direct detection experiments and diurnal modulations.
- A full, realistic model of the Earth is implemented as well as the Earth’s time-dependent velocity and orientation in the galactic frame.
- DaMaSCUS is written in C++ and fully parallelized (MPI).